The Solar System changes. It is not static but dynamic. This means that the objects that circle the sun as-well-as the sun, itself, change. So the solar system as we know it today is different than the Solar System eons ago.
One of the kinds of change that occurred in the Solar System is that the orbits of the planets changed. The orbit that they are in now may not be the orbit that they originally formed in. For example, scientists Cole Bronx and Darren Williams, both of Penn State University, have developed a computer model that indicates that Mars may have formed closer to the sun and moved to where it is today. If fact, the sun, itself, was dimmer than it is now, only 75% of its current brightness. (See Fox News for Sept. 4, 2018)
In the July 14, 2011 issue of Nature, Kevin Welsh presents a computer simulation of the Solar System in which Jupiter formed at 3.5 AU and later moved to 5 AU to where it is now. The letters AU stand for astronomical unit where 1 AU is the distance of the Earth from the Sun.
Jupiter’s transit was also slowed by the Asteroid belt during its inward movement and the giant planet scattered objects from 1AU to 1.5 AU.
Saturn may have also altered its orbit forming at 7 AU and traveled to 9.5 AU, its current position, according to scientist Avi Mandell. (See “How Did Jupiter Shape Our Solar System” by Ray Sanders in Universe Today, August 22, 2011.
The Daily Mail on 26 Nov. 2014 published the article “Did Life on Earth flourish thanks to Saturn?” The article reported that as Saturn moves closer to the Sun the Earth’s orbit will change by 10’s of millions of miles for only a 10% change in Saturn’s orbit.
Jeff Hecht, in the New Scientist, reports that Elke Pilat Lohinger of the University of Vienna in Austria developed a computer model that demonstrates that tilt of Saturn’s axis will elongate the Earth’s orbit.
This is not all. The Asteroid Belt, itself, is composed of fragments of 5 or 6 different planets according to a study by the University of Florida. (See July 3, 2018, “”85% of the Asteroid Belt is Composed of Remnants of Ancient Planets”). According to the study’s lead scientist, Stanley Dermott, the remaining 15% could also be planets. The difference in meteorite finds on Earth are related to evolving changes that happened inside a few large, planets older than 4 billion years.
In my previous work I stated that Jupiter and Saturn changed orbits. This was essentially a guess. However, the research I just cited, demonstrates that change in the orbits of both of the largest planets of our solar system is a real possibility. Furthermore, it seems that the Asteroid Belt is the repository of ancient planet debris, debris that could have occurred as a result of destruction caused by the movements of the both Jupiter and Saturn.
It seems that I am closer to the truth then I first believed.